Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cover Letter

November 18, 2009

Human Resources
MidMichigan Medical Center
Midland, MI

Dear Madam or Sir,
My name is Kathryn Robbins; I am in my junior year at Saginaw Valley State University. I attended Alma College for my freshman year of college and decided to transfer. I am a Biology Major with a Chemistry Minor. My goal is to become a Physician with intent to specialize in anesthesiology or cardiology. My career pathway at Midland High School focused on Health Sciences. This included Anatomy and Physiology as well as two Health Care and Technology classes, one of which was held at Mid-Michigan Medical Center. I was also a high school co-op for Bay Eye Care Center. At Saginaw Valley I excelled in Anatomy and Physiology as well and have worked for MidMichigan Physician’s Group for one year.
In Health Care and Technology 2, I learned medical terminology, about the different areas of the hospital, participated in Walking Wounded, and was able to job shadow and tour different areas of the hospitals. Bay Eye Care Center I worked as a scribe that provided me with the experience of working with both physicians and patients and in a medical office setting. I worked with complex medical terminology and had to deal with many different types of personalities and problems within the office daily. In addition to being a scribe, I scheduled appointments, filed patient’s records, and assisted patients both on the phone and as they entered the office to check them in. I currently work at a MidMichigan Physician’s Group in which I constantly make customer service my number one priority. I check patients in and out; answer phones, as well as other miscellaneous duties around the office as needed. I feel confident that my experience would make me a great asset to the staff at MidMichigan Medical Center as a Registration Clerk.
I would appreciate your consideration for my employment as an employee beginning Winter 2009. As I attend Saginaw Valley, I will be living in Midland year-round and commuting. Thank you for your time and I look forward to discussing this opportunity with you in the very near future.

Sincerely,

Kathryn Robbins
814 Coolidge Dr.
Midland, MI 48642
(989) 835-3455 or (989) 600-2488
11karobb@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment